We're excited to share that our family is growing by two! Katie and I are leaving bright and early tomorrow to bring home our kiddos. Our family was matched with siblings a few months ago through out of state foster care adoption.
This joyous moment in our lives -- is going to take a village! We ask for your prayers during this transition...
- Pray for our new children's healing and comfort. He is in first grade and is 7 years old. She is 4 years old. We've nicknamed them Happy Feet and Sassypants. He loves to dance and she's sweet and a little sassy :) This month marks THREE years that they have been in foster care. They are African American and were born in the United States (only sharing this factoid because we had previously tried to adopt from two African countries). Please understand that their story is their story - and our family will ALWAYS protect their privacy.
- Pray for Adeline, Christian, and Paxton - this is huge change for them!
- Pray for our marriage -- we've got a strong one, so I know we can do this. Definitely lots of changes for us this Spring though. Chuck made a career change a few weeks ago too.
- Pray for Princess Elsa and her family. After over a year in our home, she is transitioning full-time to her mommy today. Her mommy has worked so hard and our family is so happy for them. They are doing wonderful! Elsa and Mommy will forever be a part of our family -- and we hope to be a part of theirs.
- Pray for the funding for our final adoption fees. Local foster care adoption is 100% FREE, but foster care adoption across state lines ... is NOT, unfortunately. This is because we had to hire an agency for all the paperwork that is required (see adoption costs). Thankfully, PJ/ Bighorn Design, Sara, and Jessie has stepped to help us with a t-shirt fundraiser --- more on that next week!